Looking to add spice to your walls and personality in your home? It’s easy to transform an ordinary wall to create a special place that reflects your personality and style.
Showcase black and white prints from a memorable trip or old family photos. Display mementos from something important in your life, such as medals from sporting events. Use shadowbox frames for flea market finds to create dimension and interest.
The steps below will help in arrangement and installation:
- Choose frames in different sizes. Two or three larger elements will balance out the smaller ones.
- Gather your supplies: Kraft paper (or paper grocery bags), picture hooks, hammer, level, and tape measure.
- Trace the edges of your picture frames on the paper, then cut them out and use blue painter’s tape to place them on the wall so you can experiment with different arrangements.
- Measure and mark X’s on the paper were the nail should go.
- Place the picture hooks and then hammer nails through the X’s. When you’re done, simply remove the paper. The nails will be perfectly spaced and ready to go. This same Kraft paper technique also works for placing mirrors, plates, wall clocks, and sconces.
Add interest by mixing sizes, styles, and art mediums. Whether you choose a unified look or a unique mix of different frames, you’ll be able to create a display you’ll be proud to share. Trust your instincts. If it feels right, it will work.