Tis the season for overcrowded gyms and overzealous resolutions. Personally, I am more of a fan of the overeating season, but that’s another topic entirely.
Before I go any further, I just want to say that I love the idea of resolutions; setting and achieving goals no matter how simple or complex. However, I think the poor New Year’s resolution get a bad reputation because so many people use it as a way to put off something they know they should be doing but don’t really want to be doing. Personally, I think if you actually want something, start today! You don’t have to wait until next week, month or year.
That being said (not surprisingly), I don’t make resolutions.
However, there’s a popular Buzzfeed article on resolutions which spoke to me: New Year’s Resolutions That Are Actually Realistic. Though anecdotal, these are some resolutions I could get on board with! After reading through these, I decided to add a few fun apartment-specific “resolutions” of my own to this list. Here’s my list of ways I can enjoy my apartment more in 2014. Enjoy 🙂
1. Sleep more. Do less.
2. Take advantage of nights home alone to learn the dances from my favorite musicals.
3. Try cooking with new foods!
4. Specifically, find more ingredients to bake into cookies. You can literally never have too many cookies in your apartment.
5. Do this. I mean, why not?
6. Explore more of my apartment building amenities.
7. Invite more “company” over. (Company doesn’t always mean people; sometimes pizza is all the company a gal needs)
8. Learn to clean like this.
9. Make more friends in my building so I don’t even have to walk outside to see them.
10. Teach my dog to do this.
11. Catch up on all of the shows/ movies I meant to watch in 2013. Most likely in 12 hour straight sessions.
12. At least mildly consider organizing my shoes, spices, refrigerator etc
And most importantly…
Happy New Years, everyone! Let’s enjoy the heck out of our apartments in 2014!