October is a very interesting month for food and candy lovers. On the food front, we have National Taco Day, National Noodle Day, National Angel Food Cake Day, and National Chocolate Day just to name a few. All of which sound wonderfully tempting to celebrate.
However, the first treat day most people think of when it comes to October is – HALLOWEEN. It’s the day of dressing up, stuffing yourself full of candy, and (my favorite) sharing spooky stories!
Now, I know October’s just begun, but I thought I’d share something cool that’s related. They’re called Two-Sentence Horror Stories and they’re great for practicing your writing skills or keeping yourself awake at night due to fear and trauma.
(Stop reading if you are easily scared!)
You’ll find a bunch all over the internet, authored by all types of people.
I collected five of my favorites to share with you. I apologize in advance for anyone’s inability to fall asleep.
Sorry…you were warned.
- I was tucking him in when he asked me to check for monsters under the bed. I look under the bed and find him staring back at me, saying softly: “Shhh…there’s somebody in my bed!”
- She began to walk up the stairs after hearing her mother call for help. A hand reached out and pulled her into the closet – it was her mother, who told her: “Be quiet, I heard that too.”
- I don’t know what’s more unsettling. The fact that my TV wakes me up at night or that when I go to investigate…it’s unplugged.
- Having a light burn out is creepy enough when you’re living alone. Having a light turn on is even worse.
- “I’m sorry, we’ve run out of breadsticks.”
Got an idea for a Two-Sentence Horror Story? We’d love to read them. Try your hand at writing one and post it in the comments section below.
Or if you’ve read a really good one, do share that as well!